Servicing and landlord gas safety certificate
Servicing and landlord gas certificates
Landlords are required by law to have an annual gas safety check carried out on their properties. Gas safety checks should be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered engineer on every gas appliance and its pipework. This will ensure that all gas fittings and appliances (such as cookers, boilers, fires, etc.) are safe to use.
At the end of our inspection you will be provided with a full inspection report and landlord gas safety certificate valid for one year. We can also service and repair all your gas appliances during the same visit.
Short Term Lets
Landlord responsibilities also extend to:
- room let in bed-sit accomodation, private households, bed and breakfast accomodation and hotels.
- rented holiday accomodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways.
- residential premises.
All Landlords must carry out the following duties:
- Maintenance – pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition and be serviced very 12 months.
- Gas Safety Checks – an annual gas safety must be carried out on every gas appliance and associated flue in your retnal property.
- Record – a record of the gas safety check must be visible or given to tenants (depending on length of rent).
Based in Faringdon, we work in the surrounding areas including Lechlade, Highworth, Fairford, Cirencester, Shrivenham, Burford, Carterton, Witney, Stanford in the Vale, South Marston, Kingston Bagpuize, Standlake, Aston, Bampton, Wantage.
What About Oil Safety checks?
There are no requirements for safety checks for oil appliances, but we would always recommend an annual service as carbon monoxide can be released from oil boilers too.
Oil boilers must still be maintained in a safe condition.
A great local company
“Removal of existing oil fired boiler, installation of new gas-fired boiler, make good brickwork on exterior of the house. The survey was very thorough and informative and the advice given was easy to understand and very professional. The work was completed on the days specified and to a high standard. The two fitters were excellent, made no mess, and were a pleasure to have in one’s home. All work was completed as specified and to the agreed price which was very competitive. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company.”